Sunday, December 25, 2016

2016 Recap

A lot has happened this year, including a employer change, new family addition, and new certifications. The employer I work for now has a huge Juniper presense which allowed me to grow my CLI skills with a different vendor besides just Cisco. In order to take full advantage of this change, I went ahead and knocked out a few of Juniper's lower level certifications. I took and passed both the JNCIA and JNCIS-ENT this past summer to help vet my new learned skillset.

Along with Juniper we're also rolling out our own NGFW's that rivals many competitors such as Palo Alto. Not only have I had an opportunity to get more hands on experience with our firewalls, I have the chance to administer Juniper SRX's and Palo Alto's which has been very challenging but engaging.

In my past roles I never had much of a chance to deal with network load balancers which always bugged me. While I played around with Cisco ACE's (now extinct) I didn't find them very intuitive with a weird learning curve. This year I've had the chance to deploy and implement virtual F5's using their LTM and GSLB modules. I only touched the GSLB (DNS Load Balancing) very lightly but I did get some great experience with LTM (De-facto Server Load Balancing).

To end the year off, our first little one arrived, which meant that I didn't want to dig to deep into the certification world right now. Instead I'm now diving into Python so that I can script some of the repeatable stuff I do on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. I'm very noobish but with a help of a fellow colleague, we're starting to make some useful stuff.

Check out my github link to the right ---> I'll be keeping this updated as time goes on and my skill level increases. Hope everyone has a happy holidays, I'm excited for what the next year will bring!

8 comments:

  1. It is really a great and useful piece of info. I’m glad that you shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.

    Back to Original

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is extremely helpful info!! Very good work. It is very interesting to learn and easy to understood. Thank you for giving information. Please let us know and more information get post to link.

    Java Training in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's interesting that many of the bloggers to helped clarify a few things for me as well as giving.Most of ideas can be nice content.The people to give them a good shake to get your point and across the command.

    Digital Marketing Company in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent .. Amazing .. I’m satisfied to find so many helpful information here within the put up, we want work out extra strategies in this regard, thanks for sharing..
    Home Interiors in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much for sharing such a beautiful article.

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this great article which conveyed a good information.keep more updates.
    SEO Companies in India

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for taking the time and sharing this information with us. It was indeed very helpful and insightful while being straight forward and to the point.
    mcdonaldsgutscheine | startlr | saludlimpia

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. This information is impressive. I am inspired with your post.. I hope you post again soon.your post is very helpful for me. photos very nice.
    MSBI Training in Chennai

    ReplyDelete